The number one rated cell phone service provider and exclusive wireless provider for AARP members, has introduced the Huawei 8800 to its growing smartphone lineup. The Huawei 8800 will cost $175, operates on the Android platform, includes Wi-Fi capability and comes with free shipping and no activation fee.
“Our customers tell us they want feature-rich phones without being tied to expensive, long-term contracts,” said John Marick, CEO of Consumer Cellular. “The Huawei 8800 provides another affordable option to our customers who need a robust smartphone and want the ease and convenience of our no-contract service.”
View this photo
Consumer Cellular’s new Huawei 8800 offers many appealing features, including:
- Large 3.8 inch touch screen, easily customizable for favorites, widgets and shortcuts to apps.
- Wi-Fi capability for easy access to the Internet, email, news and data-driven apps.
- 5-megapixel autofocus camera and camcorder with LED flash.
- Android operating system.
- GPS navigation.
- MP3 music player.
- Access to the Android Market and thousands of free and paid apps.
- Preloaded subscribers-only app “My Consumer Cellular,” which allows users to quickly access billing and account information, usage stats and scan-capable AARP information for member benefits.
Consumer Cellular offers five accompanying “Connect!” data plans for consumers in a range from light use (10MB/month) to heavy use (500MB/month). The plans can be viewed in detail at http://www.consumercellular.com/Info/Services.
About Consumer Cellular
Consumer Cellular is the exclusive wireless provider for AARP members and a top-rated carrier that provides no contract cellphones and service plans to those 50+. Founded in 1995 on the belief that everyone should have affordable access to the safety and convenience of cellular service, Consumer Cellular is privately held with more than 570 employees. The Portland, Ore.-based company utilizes the nation’s largest voice and data network, covering more than 296 million people – or 97 percent of the U.S. population. Consumer Cellular’s cellphones and plans are sold nationwide at leading retailers such as Sears and RadioShack dealer franchise locations, as well as direct to consumers at www.consumercellular.com or 800-686-4460. The company has been ranked on the Inc. 5000 List for three years in a row.