Nuance Communications Inc. today released the latest version of the Swype keyboard at http://beta.swype.com. The latest version of Swype is more personal than ever as it now lets people sync their personal dictionary across multiple mobile devices. Swype also now features three different tablet keyboards, updates dictionaries with relevant trending hotwords, and offers multiple fun keyboard theme choices.
Swype is a four-in-one keyboard that lets people choose how they stay connected, whether they swype, type, write, or speak. Swype “learns” each individual user’s text input style and builds a personal language model– in other words, the more Swype is used, the smarter it gets. In addition to the new capabilities announced earlier this year, Swype now features:
- Dictionary Backup & Sync: Swype now backs up and syncs a user’s personal dictionary across any of their mobile devices. So now when nicknames like “Ollie” are added to a mobile phone, that word will be automatically added to the personal dictionary on a tablet as well as all other registered devices.
- Swype for Tablets: Swype has taken tablet innovation to the next level by offering a choice of three different keyboard layouts for tablets: the original keyboard, a small and moveable keyboard, and a split keyboard. So no matter what style keyboard, people can stay connected and productive from anywhere.
- Hotwords: Language is evolving faster than ever and Swype now updates dictionaries with the latest global trending words. Swype users can opt-in to receive updates to their dictionaries and stay up to date with the newest hotwords, like “Gangnam Style.”
- Themes: Swype allows users to further personalize their devices with the new keyboard theme options. Users can access up to 10 different themes in Swype’s settings menu for quick and cool keyboard customizations.
- More Language Support: The latest update to Swype also features enhancements to the Chinese keyboard with an additional tool bar and has added a Flick keyboard to Japanese. Users can also expect many more languages with Advanced Language Models that predict the words and phrases users Swype the most.
Download the Swype Beta for Android to any Android device including those with Swype preloaded, by simply visiting http://beta.swype.com. Nuance’s Swype platform is also available for OEMs supporting the Android Platform as well as via an SDK for other operating systems.