Sprint and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) offer Samsung M400 with accessibility features designed specifically to meet the needs of senior citizens and people with disabilities. It is also a great wireless phone for practical customers who use their phone simply to talk, take pictures and send messages.
Samsung M400 is available free with a new line or eligible upgrade and two-year service agreement, after a $50 mail-in rebate via reward card (excludes taxes and surcharges), through direct ship sales channels, including Sprint Stores, Business Sales, Telesales and Web Sales.
Features designed to make Samsung M400 easy to use include:
- Large 2.4-inch internal display and adjustable font sizes that make it easy to read text on the screen
- 1.07-inch external display that allows the user to easily see incoming calls or notifications without opening the phone
- Oversized keypad, making it quick and simple to locate and depress keys when making a call
- Five-way navigation key that makes navigating the phone’s menu a snap
- Dedicated 911 key and an In Case of Emergency (ICE) button that stores up to three contacts, so users can dial first responders or emergency contacts quickly
- Dedicated speakerphone button for situations where it may be difficult to hear or when driving hands-free
- Voice dialing that allows the user to simply press a button and speak the name or phone number of the person they wish to call
- Nuance VSuite version 4.0 text-to-speech client that reads menus, submenus, text, dialed numbers, caller ID and missed calls to the user
“Samsung M400 is designed to be easy to use and offers a variety of features that make it an extremely attractive phone for customers who primarily use their phone for voice calls, text messaging and pictures,” said David Owens, vice president – Product Development, Sprint. “This is a great device that meets the needs of anyone who wants to stay connected and just wants a simple device to do it.”
Samsung M400 does offer several features that will appeal to more technologically savvy users, including a 1.3-megapixel camera, web browsing, Bluetooth® support for hands-free conversations, threaded text messaging, voice memo recorder and a 1,000mAh battery offering up to four hours talk time.
Built-in lifestyle applications on Samsung M400 include Sprint Family Locator, which allows family or trusted caregivers to locate loved ones without disturbing their activities. The application uses GPS technology to locate a phone and display its location on an interactive map.