Panasonic, an industry leader in rugged, reliable mobile computers since 1996, today announced the Toughbook C2 – a semi-rugged convertible tablet PC that is Panasonic’s first Toughbook model optimized for the new Microsoft® Windows 8 Pro operating system. The new device includes a third-generation Intel® CoreTM processor, delivers approximately 11 hours of battery life and offers the industry-leading reliability that is synonymous with the Toughbook brand.
- Microsoft Windows 8 Pro 64-bit operating system with Microsoft Windows 7 professional option available
- Intel Core™ i5-3427U vProTM (3MB cache, up to 2.8 GHz) with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- 5-point capacitive multi-touch 12.5-inch, 500 nit, daylight-readable HD display with an anti-reflective/anti-glare treatments, and IPS technology to enable a wide viewing angle
- Digitizer for effortless note-taking and signature capture with an electronic pen
- Enhanced triple hinge design that provides durable support when rotating the screen to tablet mode
- Leading battery life: Delivers approx. 11 hours of continuous use depending on usage conditions (approx. 15 hours with optional long life battery)
- Bridge battery allows the main battery to be swapped without powering down the device
- Approx. 3.99 lb. magnesium alloy design
- High-definition 720p webcam with built-in microphone and optional 3MP rear facing camera
- Redesigned ergonomic Y-shaped hand strap for easy carrying in both landscape and portrait modes
- Embedded wireless technologies including Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth® and optional 4G LTE or 3G Gobi™ mobile broadband
- Flexible configuration options including the optional inclusion of a serial port, VGA (HDMI port comes standard) or modem port, as well as optional near field communications (NFC) or SmartCard reader for user authentication
- Ambient light, magnetic, acceleration and gyro sensors to enable new Windows 8 functionalities
- USB 3.0 ports: Includes two backward-compatible USB 3.0 ports that allow file transfer speeds up to 10x faster than USB 2.0 ports
For a full list of Toughbook C2 specifications, visit http://www.Toughbook.com.
The Toughbook C2 is designed to withstand a wide variety of work environments. Its magnesium alloy case and shock-mounted flex-connect hard drive allow it to handle up to a 30-inch drop to six sides, as well as a 12-inch drop from 26 angles. The computer also features a spill-resistant keyboard (up 6 ounces).
The Panasonic Toughbook C2 is available this December from authorized Panasonic resellers starting at $2949. The Toughbook C2 includes a standard three-year limited warranty.