FUJIFILM North America Corporation is proud to introduce its second
compact system camera of this year - the FUJIFILM X-E1 - a premium
interchangeable lens camera system that follows in the tradition of the FUJIFILM
X-Pro1 and utilizes the same proprietary 16.3 Megapixel APS-C X-Trans
CMOS sensorTM and the same X-Mount for use with FUJINON XF
lenses, all in a body that is 30 percent smaller than the FUJIFILM X-Pro1.
The FUJIFILM X-E1 pairs perfectly with the XF18mm-55mm (27-84mm) F2.8-4 lens to deliver super-fast focusing speeds that will capture even the fastest action. The highly responsive linear motor in the XF18-55mm lens combines with the high-speed signal readout of the X-Trans CMOS sensor and the EXR Processor Pro, to achieve a huge leap in AF speed and precision performance. Contrast Detection in the X-E1 brings your subject into sharp focus in as little as 0.1 seconds.
At F2.8-4 wide open, this fast lens is perfect for low-light photography or scenes beckoning a beautiful bokeh effect. Advanced optical and mechanical designs are optimized to keep the lens compact, while maintaining a physical aperture ring so that users can make fluid adjustments. The lens also features OIS to provide image stabilization equivalent to 4 stops, controlling the effect of camera shake and allowing users to seize perfect photo opportunities.
The X-E1 supports shooting Full HD movies (1920x1080) at 24fps. In addition, you can now use Monochrome or Film Simulation modes when video recording and even take advantage of the X-E1’s large sensor and bright XF lenses to capture movies with beautiful bokeh effect. Connect a stereo microphone (third party sold separately) to the external microphone input and record audio with enhanced clarity.
FUJIFILM X-E1 key features list:
- 16.3 megapixel APS-C X-Trans CMOS Sensor and EXR Processor Pro
- FUJIFILM X-Mount
- Extra high resolution 2.36 million dot Organic OLED viewfinder
- 2.8-inch (460K dot) LCD
- Built-in pop-up TTL Flash
- ISO100 – 25600 (range of ISO200-6400 when using ISO Auto)
- Q Menu shortcut button
- In-camera RAW converter
- Film simulation modes (Velvia, ASTIA, PROVIA, Monochrome, Sepia, PRO Neg.Std & PRO Neg.Hi)
- Multiple exposure and panoramic shooting modes
- Auto Bracketing functions (AE/ISO/DR and FS)
- Full HD Movie (1920x1080)
FUJINON XF14mm key features list:
- 21mm equivalent bright F2.8 lens
- Consists of 10 elements in 7 groups, including 2 aspheric and 3 extra low dispersion elements and a seven-blade rounded diaphragm
- 58mm lens filter size
FUJINON XF18mm-55mm key features list:
- 27-84mm equivalent F2.8-4 lens
- Highly responsive linear motor
- Contrast Detection brings subject into sharp focus quickly
- High quality all-glass lens structure consists of 14 elements in 10 groups, including 3 aspherical lenses and 1 extra low dispersion element, as well as a seven-blade rounded diaphragm
- OIS to provide image stabilization equivalent to 4 stops
- 58mm lens filter size
The FUJIFILM X-E1 and XF18mm-55mm (27-84mm) F2.8-4 lens (kit) will be available in November for $1,399.95. The FUJINON XF14mm (21mm) F2.8 single focal length lens and XF18mm-55mm (27-84mm) F2.8-4 lens will be available in November for $899.95 and $699.95, respectively.