Delta Micro Factory Corp. (PP3DP) announced today, the launch of the much anticipated follow-up, UP! Mini, to their highly acclaimed, flagship 3d printer, the UP! family. The all-new UP! Mini 3D Printer, with its metal, temperature stabilizing enclosure and groundbreaking sub $1000 USD retail price, was introduced at simultaneous launches at RAPID 2012 in Atlanta, Georgia, USA, the Atlantic Design & Manufacturing Show in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, and CeBIT Australia in Sydney, Australia.
The UP! Mini is based on the simplicity of a traditional inkjet printer, with a snap in printer head, slide in build table and clip in consumable roll. You are ready to start making your big ideas into 3D usable models within minutes out-of-the-box, all made out of tough ABS+ plastic.
PP3DP did not sacrifice on build quality with the UP! Mini, with its enclosed steel construction, double linear bearings on each axis and a temperature stabilizing build chamber; it is ready to produce quality parts on your desk within 15 minutes from switching it on.
"The UP! Mini is the result of 1000s of hours of field testing and valuable feedback from our rapidly growing UP! user community." says PP3DP's Director of International Marketing, Joseph Guo.
- Build footprint of 4.7" x 4.7" x 4.7" / 120 x 120 x 120mm with heated build table.
- Enclosed chamber to reduce warping.
- Double linear bearings on each axis - ensures consistent build quality throughout the entire print process.
- Print speed of 9 minutes per cm3
- Layer resolution of 250 microns
- Chip free and open consumables – You can use any suppliers ABS roll of 1.75mm plastic with your UP! Mini. The UP! Mini consumable is an open design so you are not locked into expensive consumables as opposed to expensive inkjet cartridges.
- USB interface for inkjet simplicity print spooling, you can unplug your computer once the UP! Mini starts printing.
- Includes the Smart UP! Software, tools and a full roll of plastic to get you started.
PP3DP did not compromise when designing this newest member of the UP! family, "the Up! Mini has the features of its older sibling, the UP! Plus+ and is available, ready to print, for under $1000 USD making it ideal for home use." says Joseph Guo, "Not bad for a new born!"
"The UP! Mini represents the first truly affordable 3D printer to reach the market" Says Brian Quan of [x]object Inc.,U.S. distributors of the UP! "Professional features & print quality previously exclusive to 3D printers selling for 10K or more, all for less than $1000USD!" He adds, "The wait is over! Now there are more reasons than ever for professionals and families alike, to put the wonder of 3D printing right on their desktops!"
UP! Mini will be available to preorder from June 1st, 2012 from local resellers all over the world, as well as the PP3DP website.